Terms and conditions
By using our service, you will accept all the below terms and conditions.
- I will be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. I will behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. My training vehicle will be well maintained, clean and tidy (weather permitting). The vehicle is fitted with dual-controls and is fully insured for driving tuition purposes. I am a none smoke and their is a strict policy of no smoking in the training vehicle.
- You must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of our first driving lesson. You must prove your entitlement to drive and provide me with a licence check code prior to our first driving lesson. You must also check that you can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet - about 5 car lengths) with prescribed visual aids, contact lenses or glasses if normally worn. Please note if you need contact lenses or glasses to achieve this you must make sure you wear them on each and every driving lesson.
- To ensure the safety of you and other road users I reserve the right to cancel any lesson if you are or if I suspect you are under the influence of drugs, legal highs and/or alcohol (prescribed or otherwise). If this occurs the full training fee for the period in question will be lost or charg
- You may lose, or be required to pay for, any lessons booked in my diary which are postponed or cancelled by you, especially if I am unable to obtain new replacement work for those appointment time(s). However, I reserve the right to postpone lessons if I consider the weather or road conditions to be unsuitable or dangerous. Unfortunately, I cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of me having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
- In your own interests you are advised to be punctual for your lesson appointments. I would normally wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes before the lesson is abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if I am delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. I will make up any lesson time lost as a result of this at the end of the normal lesson time or as soon as possible. Any such shortfall will be recorded by me, the time will either be made up or you will be refunded.
- Driving tests can be booked by you or me, driving test bookings always take priority over other lessons. Therefore, your lesson may have to be postponed to allow for someone else's driving test and vice-versa. Changes to lesson bookings as a result of this will be notified immediately. Test appointments must be notified to me as soon as they are known to you, otherwise I cannot guarantee to provide a vehicle for the test or any lessons just prior to it.
- In the interests of customer and public safety I reserve the right to withhold the use of the training car for the test if, in my opinion, your driving is actually or potentially dangerous - behaviour which if repeated on the test would result in a test failure.
- Three clear working days (Sundays and public holidays don't count as working days) notice of test cancellation or postponement is required by the DVSA. Therefore to cancel a test booked for a Friday you need to do this online no later than the preceding Monday thus giving three clear working days (i.e. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Failure to provide the required notice will result in the loss of your test fee. I cannot be held responsible for any postponement or cancellation of tests by you or the DVSA
- In the event of a complaint I would be extremely grateful if you would give me the opportunity to resolve the matter in the first instance.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty goods or services provided. I have a statutory obligation to provide you with goods and services fit for the purpose for which they were bought and as described. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
- All payments are to be made upfront, before any lesson will commence.
- You are required to give a minimum of 24 hours notice should you wish to cancel a lesson. For anything less than 24 hours you may be charged for the missed lesson.
- I cannot be held responsible if a lesson has to be posponed due to mechanical breakdown, the training vehicle is new so reliability is high, but I will have a replacement vehicle as soon as possible.
- I am entitled to withdraw the vehicle for the usage of your test. The instructor will always give a weeks notice providing you haven’t come to the instructor at short notice of less than a week.
- I will abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate against race, colour, creed, gender or sexual orientation etc.
- Any block booking not fulfilled within 1 year of the initial payment may be lost.